Listen to Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tie my handlebars to the stars so I stay on track.

It's that time of the year again...Time to transition from cyclist to full time student and training athlete.

Even though I'm in school now, I still have Ontario University Cups to look forward too. There are only four race in the series, but that's just enough when your balancing school and have been racing since the spring. Once mid October comes and U-Cups have wrapped up I will finally have some days off the bike. I think it's possibly better for you mentally than physically, but moral of the story you don't hear me complaining.

It's been a GREAT season, lots of great experience and knowledge gained that can be carried over to next season. This was my first season racing the full Canada Cup series. As a result I realised how hard it is to race both the full C-Cup and O-Cup series at the same time. If your racing a O-Cup one weekend odds are you are racing C-Cup next...they are always one race after another, which gets extremely hard as your legs aren't always there. I was very sad to miss my favorite Ontario Cup at Buckwallow Cycling Centre :( At the same time I had the opportunity to race a Canada Cup in Edmonton, which was super fun!

A huge highlight of the season was making team Canada and having the opportunity to race world championships! Can't tell you how much I learnt. Best experience, and got a sweet picture of both me and my bike in the air! It's one thing to watch the video, but when you are right in the action and learn the pacing and get a feel for how different the courses are set up it's a whole other story. After my race and watching the junior men, U-23 men, and elite men and women it all starts to come together. I look forward training harder and building off this season. Have to wait and see what 2011 brings!

Back to homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment